Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Summer Dreaming: Landscapes

The word can be interpreted in various ways. There are landscapes of every variety, whether they are internal, external, geographic, psychological, or however else you interpret the word. I have a photography assignment that I'm playing with in my head right now on landscapes and the first thing that came to mind was the concept of the self. The self as a landscape is more than a physical body; it is a living breathing entity, a being that experiences through senses, it is affected, it affects and it is ever changing and growing. However to capture one's true self in a photograph is a challenge. I need to develop this idea so my true self is captured to my liking in a photograph, but as inspiration, the first thing that came to mind was home. I recently took a few pictures in my neighborhood of places that I pass on a daily basis. Though they are physical landscapes, the feelings associated with these places are personal as they remind me of home.

Photographer: Priyan Rajdev

Photographer: Priyan Rajdev

Photographer: Priyan Rajdev

No comments: