Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Favourite Collection

Gucci has been one of my favourite fashion houses for quite some time. The reason is because since Tom Ford's departure, the house kept that sexy yet sophisticated style. Frida Giannini's injected her personal style into every collection. The images that follow are from my favourite collection she's put out. It was from Fall Winter 2011 and it still has an edgy timeless appeal that I would love to see more people wear. The collection received great reviews and is again, one of my all-time favourite collections from any designer.













It was so hard to narrow the images down to just these few. I felt that this show in particular was very strong, I loved the vibrant colours, textures and especially exotic skins (seen primarily in the accessories). I loved the fact that the jewel tone colours sort of bled into this collection from Gucci's S/S2011 collection, which featured bright oranges, purples, yellows and turquoises. All these elements added to the overall strength of the show, and I was impressed by it all!

To me, the looks were strong on their own and each style had beautiful elements. The thread, however that tied this collection together was Giannini's ability to combine modern flare to traditional elegance, and that's what Gucci stands for in my eyes, and this is why the collection always stands out to me, 'till this day!

No comments: